This is the second edition in our ‘Countdown To A UK Relocation’ series, which aims to tackle the actions that need to be considered for a successful relocation. This week we look at the various tasks that should be considered in the month before the move takes place. Moving to a new country can involve a great deal of processes, but with good preparation any potential stress can be minimised.
Whilst the following list isn’t exhaustive, it should provide some ideas to help with planning a future relocation:
- Take a ruthless walk through the house to determine what you really want to take.
- Clearly label items – e.g. ‘left in house’, ‘put into storage’, ‘take to the UK’.
- Have a clear-out. Hold a garage sale or call a charity for pick-up.
- Clean out club, gym and school lockers.
- Arrange for the disconnection or changeover of utilities.
- Begin packing less-used items. Number and label each box and keep an inventory.
- Retrieve and return all borrowed items from neighbours & friends; return library books.
- Pick up all dry cleaning, pictures at framers, etc.
- Clean out food cupboards. Don’t buy any more food than you have to.
The Relocation Consultancy are experts in destination services and provide a range of options to support UK moves. For a FREE consultation on the services that may be suitable for you, call +44 (0)118 947 0029 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.